Friday 3 September 2010

35: The Odyssey - Symphony X

The Odyssey by Symphony X is best described as "Scandinavian heavy prog rock".

I didn't get into the fantasy stuff as much as I should have. I think I'll leave hat for big fantasy fans. For some reason I have always loved fantasy (I'm talking Dwarves, Orks, Magic, Swords, Space, Weird West etc... ad infinitum). However, I didn't go bonkers for Lord Of The Rings, the Narnia films and everything else fantasy. I don't know why. I should drool over Tolkien, but I don't. Perhaps my own personal fantasies as a child have overflowed me.

Either way the fantasy (while I enjoyed it) didn't grip me. The pretence was a bit much. Part of me loves the idea of 24 minute song. Again, not quite there. I'm still listening to this one so preying that since I'm having a long week it's making the album slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment