Wednesday 6 January 2010

A New Album Every Week For 2010

So here it is 2010 and my new resolution is "I want to acquire and listen to a new album each week of 2010".

The idea is not a new one... Just one I have decided that the start of a new year is an ideal opportunity to kick off. So here I am in Ernest.

My aim and desire is to listen to more music. Too often I get stuck listening to the same albums (and too much the same genre "Rock"). So I want to:
1: Listen to new music.
2: Listen to music I haven't listened to before.

To make this achievable I'm going to clarify my definition of "Acquire and listen to a new album a week" :
1: "Acquire" means I can get the album on any medium I chose. CD, Vinyl, mp3 download. I aim to get them all legitimately (making up for the imbalance in the force caused by illegal music downloads).
2: "Listen to" means to play while paying attention 2 or more times.
3: "album" means a CD that is not classified as a "single" (we can stick with the music industry definition here. If the "album" is a double (or more) CD "Best of..." or "anthology" then I reserve the right to count it as multiple (one for each disk) albums and spread it over multiple weeks (If I have the requirement) so that I can do multiple lots of 60 mins justice. I want to listen to albums and music, I don't want this to be a chore.
4: "A week" depicts a period of roughly 7 days. This can overlap, this can over run and this can start on any day of the week. However 52 albums need to be "acquired" and "listen to"ed to over the year Jan 1st 2010 - Dec 31st 2010. And the listening to of these albums is to be done evenly spread.

So there we have it. Feel free to recommend me an album or artist to listen to.

To kick myself of I have got:

1: Hits - Joni Mitchel
2: Anthology - Muddy Waters

No comments:

Post a Comment