Wednesday 10 February 2010

5: Shallow Life - Lacuna Coil


This was a must listen to before I saw them at the end of the week. Yes I was under a time constraint.

Thank god I got into it fairly quickly, from the get go it got me (perhaps I was just in the need of RAAAAWWWWWWWK!). I got to track 4 "I'm not afraid" fairly quickly and then stayed there. This is the first time that has happened with one of my albums.

It also wasn't long that in my car I was calling out (while flying along the motorway) "I've been burnt so bad but I still play with fire" something that appeals to me. A powerful line from "I won't tell You".

This album unlike everything else I have listened to isn't one of those "must hear before you die" or "Top 50 albums of all time" entries. Sorry Lacuna Coil, I like you, the gig was awesome! This just happens to be a very good heavy rock album. No boundaries are being pushed, no political upheaval, no virtuoso guitar. Just plain good heavy rock, emotive, invigorating, bouncy and fun. Given the busy few weeks I have been having just what I needed.

Will be playing this again and again. In fact this week it went back on in the car as I needed something to fit the fact that I wasn't in a jolly mood Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment