Wednesday 10 February 2010

4: Ultimate - Yardbirds

It looks like I haven't kept up doesn't it... Well I have :-) I managed to listen to the music but didn't have the time to blog about it.

Sadly this is going to have to be a quick one. Another busy evening ahead (This may include some computer games). I have given up with the links. Google will do just as well for anyone who cares.

This was another 2 CD monolith A lot of tracks to get through. In nature of the fact that I'm seeing two of the Yardbirds on Feb 13th

In all honesty, this wasn't the awe inspiring album I thought it was going to be. There is a lot of nice stuff, a lot of interesting stuff and a lot of clever stuff. Bucket loads! The development of music and artists progressing. Big names growing infront of your ears...

I can't find anything wrong with it. Truly I enjoyed it. It just didn't grab me like some other albums have or inspire me like I had been looking for.

The one thing I'm sure of is that I'll keep coming back to it as it is interesting. Some good Bass lines. Funky guitar and Jeff Beck knocking out some nice slide guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment