Monday 22 February 2010

6: The Best Of - Jeff Beck

One thing I'm doing here is keeping track of the weeks. No more:

SELECT WEEK(cdListenStartDate) FROM albums


Anyway, back to things music.

Jeff Beck - The best of


This was similar to the Yardbirds which I enjoyed but felt it was missing something. The performance with Jeff and Eric was one of my top gigs of my life. WOW is all I can say. And Joss Stone joining Jeff... I'm getting his new album when it is released.

This one didn't inspire me the way I thought it should. Like the yardbirds most of this was "early" material. I'd recommend anyone looking for a more contemporary (and more like he played at the gig) sound from Jeff to listen to: You Had It Coming
You Had It Coming is a far more invigorating recording and (in my opinion) made for driving to. Not that I didn't enjoy his best of, just that it didn't excite me like "You Had It Coming".

No comments:

Post a Comment