Monday 22 February 2010

7: Tubular Bells Vol.1: Remastered [Original recording remastered] - Mike Oldfield




Theme from the Exorcist starts this one. For the most part this recording sounded a little "Academic" to me. It had enjoyable parts and some nice relaxing music. Combined with some interesting progressions. However for the most part I found it slow moving and the only having two tracks (I'm guessing originally "side 1" and "side 2") made it difficult to move back over interesting parts.

I enjoyed it but don't see myself revisiting the recording often. I guess that's why it is a record featuring in many collections but rarely played except in soundtracks (abridged of course). I'm glad I found out "what all the fuss was about".

Now on with: 8: Greatest Hits [Original recording remastered] - Joan Baez

No comments:

Post a Comment